Level 2 Electronics
Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Napier
This course is for those students who want to build on their interest and knowledge gained from the Science course in the 1SCI or 1SCO. It focuses on
• Components, how to identify, test, and assemble.
• Making several types of circuit boards and learn to solder.
• Calculate and make predictions on how circuits work.
• Using a programmable chip like Picaxe and Arduino to design circuits.
• Completing an open ended project.
It is a hands on course which allows for plenty of practical work.
Students will complete 4 Unit standards with an optional 5th standard if the students wishes to gain the New Zealand certificate in electronics technology.
This course provides a foundation for further study at tertiary level in fields such as computer science, electronics and engineering, and for students who are interested in the electrical trades.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 24 credits.