Year 9 Dance
Teacher in Charge: Miss C. Robinson
Junior Dance focuses on building confidence and collaboration skills within the class.
We also focus on:
- how we create dance using movement from our favorite sports
- human anatomy (skeletal and muscular) and how physics relates to dance
- how to work in a group
- broadening our knowledge of different dance styles around the world
- viewing physical activity as a positive experience
- learning how to perform and support those performing
- learning about the dance elements, essential for creating complex choreographic works later on
Each term is the same format. First year students have one term of dance.
Unit One: Research It - Exploring dance from around the world and why we dance.
Unit Two: Sport Smash - Ordering movement taken from sport, we work on the dance elements that include space, time, body awareness, relationships and energy quality
Unit Three: Inspiring Dancers - A unit that targets self reflection and the qualities that successful people have.