Build, Upgrade and Maintain a Networked PC
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. McHugh
Today’s interconnected world makes everyone more susceptible to cyber-attacks. In this course you will build a computer then connect it securely to a network.
Connecting computers covers:-
- building your own computer
- working with Cisco's Networking Academy’s advanced simulation tools
- multiple hands-on labs to sharpen your troubleshooting skills
- exploring cyber trends and threats
- protecting your personal privacy online
In this practical hands-on course you will install, configure, upgrade and trouble-shoot PCs and mobile devices.
You will learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact to you by identifying and understanding the most common security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities such a phishing and spoofing - gaining insights into how businesses protect their operations from attacks.
Explore the latest job trends, and why cybersecurity continues to grow, while developing your critical thinking and problem-solving skills using both real equipment and simulations.