Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Napier
This course is for those students who want to build on their interest and knowledge gained from the Science course in the 1SCI or 1SCO. It focuses on
• Components, how to identify, test, and assemble.
• Making several types of circuit boards and learn to solder.
• Calculate and make predictions on how circuits work.
• Using a programmable chip like Picaxe and Arduino to design circuits.
• Completing an open-ended project.
It is a hands-on course which allows for plenty of practical work.
Students will complete 4 Unit standards with an optional 5th standard to gain the New Zealand certificate in electronics technology.
This course provides a foundation for further study at tertiary level in fields such as computer science, electronics and engineering, and for students who are interested in the electrical trades.
Locksmith, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Line Mechanic, Telecommunications Engineer, Information Technology Helpdesk/Support Technician, Aeronautical Engineer, Electronics Trades Worker, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Product Assembler, Electrician, Electrical Engineering Technician, Retail Manager, Importer/Exporter, Electronics Engineer, Biomedical Engineer, Biomedical Technician